I know you are all dying to get to know me! Okay maybe that was dripping with a little sarcasm, but still some of you don’t know me so I figure why not tell you a little more about myself. In honor of my 32nd birthday, here are my 32 questions.
1. Are you named after anyone? No, if I was that means one in five girls born in ’83 were also named after the same person. Seriously, I never was the only Ashley in my classrooms growing up!
2. When was the last time you cried? Cried…last real cry was probably a couple months ago. I’ve shed a tear or two since then, but last sob session was probably June.
3. Do you have kids? No.
4. If you were another person, would you be a friend of yourself? DUH! I’m awesome!
5. Do you use sarcasm a lot? It might be my second language.
6. Will you ever bungee-jump? Hell no! I have this issue with being in control and strapping myself into a harness and fall and bouncing around without any control over what happens to me is seriously more than I could possibly handle.
7. What’s your favorite cereal? I’m going to say Honey Nut Cherrios because it’s the only one I’ve had in a long while.
8. What’s the first thing you notice about people? Depends on the context and situation. In dating, it’s usually a guy’s eyes. Outside of that, it’s typically their smile (or lack thereof).
9. What is your eye color? Blue-green. It kind of changes based on what I’m wearing and how I do my make up.
10. Scary movie or happy endings? Happy endings!! I despise scary movies….I don’t even like the commercials! I’m the biggest coward in the world.
11. Favorite smells? Basil, garlic, a man with the perfect cologne, strawberries, vanilla, and some yummy perfumes that I talk about here.
12. Summer or winter? Winter! Well fall is better, but if I had to pick I would say winter. Winters are fairly mild in Texas so it usually doesn’t get unbearably cold and I love sweater and boot weather!
13. Computer or television? I do both at the same time. As I type, I’m watching Big Brother. (Yes free fact for you here – I like trash reality TV. It’s brainless and means I don’t have to pay attention to while I focus on other things.)
14. What’s the furthest you’ve ever been from home? I think Thailand was as far as I’ve been from home. It was a world away in almost every single possible way. Having two of my friends there was the only thing familiar about that place!
15. Do you have any special talents? Special talents, no. I can’t think of a single talent unless I can claim being able to recall a million random facts about things that do nothing to enhance anyone’s life a talent.
16. Where were you born? Texas!
17. What are your hobbies? Reading, movies, concerts, dancing, cooking, shooting, and this lovely little blog!
18. Do you have any pets? No, sadly I’m out of town too much to have one. I love on Buster & Marvin (my friends’ dogs) or Lucy (my parents’ dog) when I get a chance.
19. Favorite movie? Without hesitation, The Princess Bride. It has been my favorite since I was a child and it stands the test of time as far as I’m concerned. So many great lines through the whole thing and who doesn’t want a man to one day look at them and say “as you wish” (yes I have girlie moments as few and far between as they may be).
20. Do you have any siblings? Yes, a younger sister
21. What do you want to be when you grow up? ugh…I don’t know! Retired 😉
22. What is your favorite book? Love is a Wild Assault by Elithe Hamilton Kirkland. It’s an amazing story based on the personal journals of Harriet Potter who was one of the first pioneer women of Texas.
23. What are you scared of? Snakes, scary movies, heights (or maybe its the possibility of falling…either way not a fan).
24. Favorite season? Fall! Football, cool weather, sweaters, boots, it’s happiness!
25. Do you believe in love at first sight? No, attraction at first sight yes. Love requires knowing someone.
26. Start playing your iPod on the Songs setting, what are the first 5 songs to play? “Raised on Black and Tans” by Gaelic Storm, “She’s Everything” by Brad Paisley, “Touch” by Josh Abbott, “Night Train” by Amos Lee, “Big Blue Sea” by Bob Schneider
27. What is your favorite physical attribute? My eyes. I kinda love the fact they change color.
28. Favorite quote? “If you can’t dazzle them with brilliance, baffle them with bullshit” – W. C. Fields. I feel like it is the answer to everything.
29. Who is your favorite author? Patricia Cornwell
30. What’s the best concert you’ve ever been to? That’s a hard one. I would probably have to say George Strait. I mean…does anyone compare to King George?
31. Beach or mountains? I think I’m actually partial to mountains. I think that honestly has more to do with me being so fair-skinned it’s hard for me to enjoy the beach because I’m more worried about being sunburned than enjoying the scenery.
32. Name 3 hobbies? Reading, shooting, and cooking.